KCL was engaged to do an engineering design for lifting frame to lift fabricated truss sections for the Birkenhead College re-roofing project. It is a good feeling to be able to assist in rebuilding our school in a safe and efficient way.
And here is the final result, great team work:
KCL's Scope of Work included:
· Review of truss design and proposed roof lift arrangements
· Review/provide engineering design for lifting frame to lift fabricated truss sections
· Review proposed roof truss lifting arrangements to estimate lift weights and centers of lift
· Provide office based engineer assistance during construction
· Carry out pre-lift site inspections to ensure frames correctly secured/supported for lift
· Attend lifting operations as required to provide engineering assistance.